Mobile Website Design Gold Coast to Byron Bay for Smart Business On Smartphones
Comments Off on Mobile Website Design Gold Coast to Byron Bay for Smart Business On SmartphonesFiled Under: Web design
Mobile Website Design Gold Coast to Byron Bay
People are making decisions about
what to do,
how to buy,
what to eat,
where to go
…all on their mobile phones.
A recent survey conducted end of last year by Ipsos OTX, an independent market research firm hired by Google using over 5000 US adults on their smartphone internet usage came up with some figures that small businesses need to hear.
95 % of Smartphone Users Looks For Local Information. Makes sense doesn’t it.?People on the go are looking for local business to feed them, entertain them, give them a haircut, fix their plumbing, mend that broken tooth, give them what they need at the fingertips. If you are a business relying on local customers and don’t have an easy to read, click-to-phone mobile website, you are letting your customers (and your bottomline) down.
General Smartphone Usage: Smartphones have become an integral part of users’ daily lives. Consumers use smartphones as an extension of their desktop computers and use it as they multi-task and consume other media.
- 81% browse the Internet, 77% search, 68% use an app, and 48% watch videos on their smartphone
- 72% use their smartphones while consuming other media, with a third while watching TV
- 93% of smartphone owners use their smartphones while at home
Action-Oriented Searchers: mobile search is heavily used to find a wide variety of information and to navigate the mobile Internet.
- Search engine websites are the most visited websites with 77% of smartphone users citing this, followed by social networking, retail and video sharing websites
- Nine out of ten smartphone searches results in an action (purchasing, visiting a business, etc.)
- 24% recommended a brand or product to others as a result of a smartphone search
Local Information Seekers: Looking for local information is done by virtually all smartphone users and consumers are ready to act on the information they find.
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information
- 88% of these users take action within a day, indicating these are immediate information needs
- 77% have contacted a business, with 61% calling and 59% visiting the local business
Purchase-driven Shoppers: Smartphones have become an indispensable shopping tool and are used across channels and throughout the research and decision-making process.
- 79% of smartphone consumers use their phones to help with shopping, from comparing prices, finding more product info to locating a retailer
- 74% of smartphone shoppers make a purchase, whether online, in-store, or on their phones
- 70% use their smartphones while in the store, reflecting varied purchase paths that often begin online or on their phones and brings consumers to the store
“The findings of the study have strong implications for businesses and mobile advertisers. Make sure you can be found via mobile search as consumers regularly use their phones to find and act on information. Incorporate location based products and services and make it easy for mobile customers to reach you because local information seeking is common among smartphone users.”
For those interested in delving deeper into the reasons why your business needs a mobile website, this is the google webinar “The Mobile Movement – Understanding Smartphone Users”
Check out our mobile website page for further details
At Local Internet Marketing Australia, we can create your mobile website design Gold Coast to Byron Bay and beyond. We are based in Byron but service the whole of Australia. Your mobile site is a great investment at only a fraction of the cost of your regular website. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0418463981.